What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file with harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The value of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit when back to navigate to that page. Although many people don’t know what cookies they carry used 20 years ago, when appeared the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What is not a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, worm, spam or spyware, or open windows pop up.
What information store a cookie?
The cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your DNI or personal information, etc. Data that are technical, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you you as a person if not to your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web is not you the same person is because it is actually associating with the browser, not to the person.
What kind of cookies are there?
- techniques: they are the most basic and allow, among other things, know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when a user navigates anonymous and registered one, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Cookies of analysis: collect information about the type of navigation that is doing, the sections most used, consulted products, use time zone, language, etc.
- Advertising Cookies: show advertising depending on your surfing, its country of origin, language, etc.
What are your own cookies and third-party?
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and the third party are those generated by services or providers like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable cookies?
So you will understand the extent to which you may have to disable the cookies are a few examples:
- You can’t share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site may not adapt the content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access the personal area of this website, such as my own, or my profile or my orders.
- Online shops: it will be impossible to make purchases online, they will have to be telephone or visit the physical store if you have it.
- It is not possible to customize geographic Strip time, currency or language preferences.
- The web site cannot be web analytics about visitors and traffic on the web, making it difficult to be competitive the web.
- You can write on the blog, not may not upload photos, post comments, rating or rate content. The web may not know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- You can display zoned advertising, which will reduce the advertising revenue from the website.
Can you delete cookies?
Yes. Not only delete, also block, in general or specific way for a specific domain.
To remove the cookies from a site you must go to your browser settings and there can find the associated to the domain in question and disposal.
Configuration of cookies for browsers more Monteiro
Below we indicate how to access a specific cookie from the Chrome browser. Note: these steps may vary depending on the version of the browser:
- Go to settings or preferences by using the file menu either by clicking the icon customization listed above to the right.
- You will see different sections, click the show advanced options option.
- VAya to Privacy, content settings.
- Select all the cookies and the data sites.
- A list with all the cookies will be shown sorted by domain. To make it easier to find a particular domain cookies enter partially or completely the direction in the field search for cookies.
- After making this filter will be displayed one or several lines with the requested web cookies. Now you just have to select it and press X to proceed to their elimination.
To access cookies in the browser settings Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access cookies in the browser settings Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Options / Preferences according to your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- In history choose use custom to record configuration.
- You will now see the option accept cookies, can enable or disable it according to your preferences.
To access the cookies of the browser configuration for OSX Safari follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- In this place you will see the option to block cookies to make it fit the lock type that you want to perform.
PARA access the cookies of the browser configuration Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to settings, then Safari.
- Go to privacy and security, you will see the option to block cookies to make it fit the lock type that you want to perform.
To access the settings of cookies of the browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Run the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings.
- Go to Security and privacy, you will see the option to accept cookies so that you select or clear the box.
To access the settings of cookies of the browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Open Internet Explorer, then more, then settings
- You can now enable or disable the allow cookies check box.